Advertisement

Actor Jeremy Jordan Hospitalized After Eating Chipotle, Says 'I Almost Died'

Chipotle's latest food poisoning scandal has finally hit Hollywood as actor Jeremy Jordan stated he was recently hospitalized after eating at the much-maligned eatery.

According to People Magazine, the "Supergirl" star posted Instagram videos of himself at the hospital November 9, saying:

"I know I've advocated for them in the past, but they're terrible. I, as you can see, am in the hospital and I have fluids in my arm because the food did not agree with me, and I almost died."

Chipotle spokesman Chris Arnold responded to Jordan's claims, telling CNBC:

"We were sorry to hear Jeremy was sick and were able to get in touch with him directly regarding where and when he ate. There have been no other reported claims of illness at the restaurant where he dined. We take all claims seriously, but we can't confirm any link to Chipotle given the details he shared with us."

Advertisement

Even with Chipotle saying that there is no conclusive evidence that Chipotle was the cause of his sickness, the Mexican-ish restaurant's stock price dropped by a whole 2.7 percent, Monday.

Chipotle's reputation has taken a hit over the years, as several stores have been hit with Norovirus cases, and it seems that every time they try to dust themselves off, a new case surfaces.

We'll see how they try to come back from this PR nightmare, but it might be a little tougher this time around with a notable celebrity attached to the story.

IG Screenshot via People