The arrival of cooler temperatures mean the inevitable return of two of our favorite pastimes: pumpkin-flavored everything, and football. By adding a boost of flavor to a hearty game-day favorite, we’ve got just the recipe for a monster of a dip that will make you the hero of any party. It’s time to feed the gang with Libby's Layered Monterey Pumpkin Dip.
Serving this dip in a clear glass dish will show off those multiple levels of colorful, textured flavor—your finished product will resemble an effortlessly embellished autumn rainbow, and taste like the salty-sweet, creamy answer to your pumpkin prayers. Perfect for entertaining anyone, at any time. For further instructions and ingredients, see below.
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel,) at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sliced jalapeño juice
- 1 container (8 oz.) reduced fat sour cream
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped, sliced jalapeños
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Tortilla Chips
Combine pumpkin, cream cheese and jalapeño juice in medium bowl. Spread into 8-inch square baking dish.
Combine sour cream, chiles, jalapeños and garlic salt in small bowl. Spread over pumpkin mixture. Top with tomato, olives, green onions and red onion. Cover; refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.