A new initiative named Pizza vs. Pandemic: Feed Care workers, support small biz has been created by the voltron partnership of Slice, Slice Out Hunger and Pizza to Polls. By combining Slice’s ordering platform with Slice Out Hunger and Pizza to Polls’ non-profit approach, they’ve managed to raise over 18k since launching on March 21st. As the world comes to a standstill, the spirit of humanly support lives through initiatives like this.
Globally, people are scrambling to adjust to a potential quarantined life of unemployment. But, while time does its slow reveal, Pizza vs. Pandemic will be on the front line helping to support “those working around the clock by arranging for hundreds of pizzas from independent pizzerias to be sent to workers at care centers, hospitals, clinics, shelters, etc. across the nation.” Below are additional details:
- Donations can be made via Slice Out Hunger at sliceouthunger.org. Donations of any size are welcome and appreciated.
- The Slice team will coordinate deliveries between local pizzerias and care centers in the greatest areas of need.
- Additionally, those who know of groups of workers who need help can tweet @SliceOutHunger. to let them know. The recipients will be confirmed and then pizza ordered and sent via Slice.
- All participating pizzerias are vetted and selected to follow the most recent best practices for food handling and delivery.
- Slice will also work with both the care center and pizzeria to determine the safest means of delivery, including curb-side drop-off.
- These pizza orders will provide much needed revenue to the small business restaurants serving food to communities nationwide.
- This program will continue for as long as it takes to support these tireless workers.
Anyone can donate to the Pizza vs. Pandemic initiative with every dollar going to support the workers putting their lives on the line to help those in need during these uncertain times.