Chickpeas have never sounded more enticing than they have in Josh Scherer’s (@CulinaryBrodown) ingeniously flavorful recipe for Maple Chipotle Roasted Chickpeas! You can indulge in several of autumn’s quintessential flavors just with this one incredible dish.
Josh completely transforms canned chickpeas by roasting them in the oven and coating them in a tangy sauce made with sweet maple, zesty canned chipotle pepper, and sesame seeds to boot. Trust us, you’ll never want to leave your garbanzo beans naked again after trying them Josh’s way.
Maple Chipotle Roasted Chickpeas
Serving size: 6-8
Cooking time: 45 minutes
2 14.5 oz cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans
1 canned chipotle pepper packed in adobo
2 Tbsp quality maple syrup
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2) Empty cans of chickpeas into colander and then rinse thoroughly. Pat dry on a paper towel then let air dry for 10 minutes.
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine salt, pepper, olive oil, and chickpeas and toss to coat.
4) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread out chickpeas and throw in the oven for 30 minutes, spreading them around every 10 minutes.
5) Mince the chipotle pepper as fine as possible, then combine with maple syrup and sesame seeds and throw in a pan on medium high heat.
6) Add in the roasted chickpeas and sauteé for 2 minutes until evenly mixed.
7) Pour back on the baking sheet and let cool before eating.
This post is sponsored by the Canned Food Alliance