There’s a famous quote that says, “Love isn't something you find, love is something that finds you...” Case in point—this recipe for Mediterranean Naan Pizza, brought to you by Nick Neves (@dad_beets).
This pizza has grabbed our hearts and will claim yours too, with its warm Naan bread, covered in Spicy Greek Yogurt Hummus, chicken, cheese, and canned veggies galore. You can always use store-bought hummus to cut down prep time, but if you prefer making it yourself, there’s a recipe for Spicy Greek Yogurt Hummus included as well! You’re welcome.
Mediterranean Naan Pizza with Spicy Greek Yogurt Hummus
Serving Size: 6-8
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
2 pieces of Naan bread (whole wheat or plain)
1 batch Spicy Greek Yogurt Hummus (recipe below), or substitute your favorite store-bought hummus
1 cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded (store-bought rotisserie chicken works perfectly)
14 ounces canned artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
14.5 ounces canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
2 ounces canned sliced black olives, drained
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese (can substitute parmesan)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper (or crushed red pepper)
Grated zest of 1 lemon (reserved from hummus)
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2) Spread prepared hummus liberally on each piece of Naan bread
3) Divide the shredded chicken, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives, feta and pecorino cheese evenly between the two pieces of Naan bread
4) Place the pizzas on a large baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the crusts are golden brown.
5) Remove from the oven and top with dried oregano, Aleppo pepper, grated lemon zest, parsley, sea salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, if desired.
6) Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Spicy Greek Yogurt Hummus
15 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juice and zest (reserve grated zest to garnish Naan pizzas)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 ounces canned diced green chiles, drained (optional)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1) Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides and adding water as needed to create a puree. Taste, for seasoning, adding a bit more salt and pepper or lemon juice. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This post is sponsored by the Canned Food Alliance