I don't know about you guys, but I've definitely been feelin' the summer vibe lately. Along with images of ice cream cones melting in the hot sun and icy margaritas, comes the want for refreshing new recipes to try. With the goal of being healthy in mind, these broiled apricots with fresh ricotta and pistachios are just the thing for a fun and easy recipe.
There's just 4 ingredients in this dessert and 2 simple steps, so this one is definitely a "go" for warm summer nights!
Broiled Apricots with Fresh Ricotta and Pistachios
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 apricots, halved and pitted
- 8 teaspoons fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
1) Preheat broiler. Place sugar in a small saucer. Dip cut side of apricots in sugar to coat and transfer to a small broilerproof baking dish. Broil, rotating once, until apricots are caramelized and juicy, 3 to 4 minutes.
2) Remove apricots from oven. Let cool slightly and top with ricotta and pistachios. Serve immediately.