1,000 McDonald's Customers Exposed To Hepatitis A, You Bet There's A Lawsuit Brewing


Scary news in the world of fast food. A McDonald's operator of a Waterloo, NY, franchise was sued by a customer after one of the restaurant's employees exposed patrons to hepatitis A, Reuters reports. The virus is known for causing contagious liver infections which causes the liver to inflame and might affect function.

The Seneca County Health Department confirmed the case of hepatitis A on Nov. 13 in the fast food employee. Filed in New York City, the lawsuit seeks class-action status for anyone who could be potentially affected. The number of patrons is believed to be 1,000 or more.


By not washing his or her hands, the worker with the virus can contaminate food, dishes, utensils and even drinks.

While public health officials says that diners had a low risk of contracting Hep A, they still urge anyone who ate food at the McDonald's locations on Nov. 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8 to get treatment if they had not been vaccinated for Hep A.