In the world of fast food, menu items come and go. Nothing’s worse than when it’s a beloved menu item, though. It's confusing if you think about it, actually. Like, why would you discontinue something that everyone loves? Whether it has to do with ingredients, or simply to switch things up, our fast food faves know how to play with our emotions — I personally think they do it on purpose.
Conspiracy theories aside, Chick-fil-A did something others rarely do when discontinuing a special menu item: They released the recipe so you can make it at home. The discontinued item in question is the Chicken Salad, and if you shed a tear or two over it, here’s your chance to have it at home whenever you like.
Servings: 3 Cups
- 4 Chick-fil-A Chicken Breasts (original or grilled), cooled & cut into 1" cubes
- 2.5 oz. celery (approximately 1.5 full stalks, washed, trimmed & cut into 1" pieces)
- 1/3 cup of sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (cooled & peeled)
- Using a food processor, mix chicken, celery, mayonnaise, and relish on low/medium for 5 seconds.
- Begin adding eggs 1 at a time and continue processing for up to 10 additional seconds or until salad is chopped to desired consistency. (Total food processing time needed is 10-15 seconds.)