Alcoholic seltzers have resolutely established themselves as the predominant drink of this summer. If you’re going to have to sit around the house, it may as well be with a drink that’s easy to sip, light, and refreshing.
Less known, however, is that, while delicious on their own, their fruity flavors and light fizz make the seltzers quite the cocktail mixer. And, in the summer of at-home seltzer drinking, a vacation-worthy cocktail is always needed.
In honor of this, we teamed up with Bud Light Seltzer to create a couple of recipes that’ll send you to the beach on the very first sip.
This drink takes inspiration from the ever-popular Tequila Sunrise, as well as the upcoming Dia De Los Muertos.
By turning a tequila sunrise into a slushie and adding some bubbly seltzer, this cocktail will liven up any weekend (or hey, maybe weekday!) spent at home.
The full recipe for the slush is below, and if you’re in California, make sure to take a look at iHeartRadio and Bud Light’s sweepstakes, as it could land you a $500 gift card to a local Hispanic grocery store. Click here to enter.
Mango Tequila Sunrise Slush
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 can Bud Light Seltzer Mango
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups ice
- 2 oz tequila
- 2 tablespoon grenadine syrup
- Mini sugar skull candy and orange slices for garnish
- Freeze the orange juice in an ice tray a couple hours beforehand.
- Add the “orange cubes” into a blender along with the ice, tequila, and seltzer.
- Add the grandine to the bottom of a glass, then pour in the slushie directly on top.
- Garnish with orange peel.
And that, my friends, is really about it. These things are dangerously easy, taking no more than a couple minutes to whip up.
And I say that to say this: that twelve pack of seltzers isn’t going to last long.
Created in partnership with Bud Light.