Advertisement

Woman Hospitalized After Binge-Eating 20 Tamales At Once

It is a Mexican tradition to spend the holidays binge-eating tamales to your heart's content, but that very tradition turned south — south of the border, that is — as a Mexican woman was hospitalized for eating 20 tamales in one sitting.

The 25-year-old woman got food poisoning Christmas Eve, and officials say that it was due to the large amount of tamales she had consumed.

Even more messed up is the video provided by Azteca Sonora, where Jose Luis Osegueda from the Red Cross straight up starts giggling when talking about the incident.

In the Spanish interview, Osegueda said that this was an extremely rare case, but confirmed the woman arrived at the facility "intoxicated."

It's usually cute hyperbole to say you were eating 20 tamales at a time, but actually doing it is another thing.

If you love tamales as much as I do, it might be a good idea to pace yourself. They probably taste better when you chew, as opposed to swallowing them whole — doing your best Sasha Grey impression.