Photos by Becky Hughes
Go team! Score the point! Or whatever. More importantly, here’s a taco-inspired pizza that uses a quesadilla instead of a crust, and calls for RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies, which adds a bold, zesty flavor you won’t be able to stop eating (seriously). I’ll give you a second to pick up your jaw from the floor, because this is pure HEAVEN.
Taco Quesadilla Pizza
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can RO*TEL (drained)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thin (seeds removed if you can't take the heat)
1) On one tortilla, layer about ¼ cup of cheese. Top with 1/4 cup RO*TEL, then another layer of cheese. Finish with the second tortilla.
2) Toast quesadilla in a dry pan on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown and smells toasty.
3) Transfer quesadilla to a baking sheet and top with another 1/4 cup RO*TEL and remaining cheese. Broil until cheese is melted.
4) Top with avocado, more RO*TEL, cilantro, jalapeño and a squeeze of lime. Cut into 6 slices and serve warm.