A few short hours after PEEPS announced the launch of a Valentine's Day-timed Strawberry Creme Flavored Marshmallow Chicks Dipped in Chocolate, we now have an interesting recipe to go a long with the new product. This PEEPS Strawberry Cheesecake recipe comes from the folks who make Peeps, and is noted to serve 12 people (or one hungry person, 12 times). We're not ones to aimlessly encourage people to find a date for Valentine's Day, so, in this case, enjoy this dessert by your lonesome. It'll be a night well spent:
- 7 pkgs (3ct each) PEEPS® Strawberry Creme Flavored Marshmallow Chicks Dipped in (Dark or Milk) Chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 tbsp. sugar and melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut 9 PEEPS® Strawberry Creme Flavored Marshmallow Chicks into small 1/4" pieces.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Blend in milk and mix in the eggs one at a time. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth.
- Fold in the 1/4" pieces of PEEPS® Strawberry Creme Flavored Marshmallow Chicks.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking.
- Chill in refrigerator until serving.
- When ready to serve, cut cheesecake into 12 slices.
- Serve each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and a PEEPS® Strawberry Creme Flavored Marshmallow Chick on top.
Makes 12 servings