October is here and fall-themed limited edition foods are out in full force.
Pumpkin this. Candy Corn that. Caramel Apple Oreos. Wait, what? Yes, Caramel Apple Oreos are a thing, and they are awesome: half caramel and half green apple creme sandwiched between two golden Oreo cookies. They were just begging to be used in a recipe. So I headed to Target, bought every caramel apple flavored item in sight, and put them all together in this sweet and easy white chocolate bark:
Caramel Apple Oreo Bark
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 12 Caramel Apple Oreos
- 22 Milky Way Caramel Apple Minis
- 5 Caramel Apple Twizzlers
- Coarsely chop Oreo cookies.
- Coarsely chop Milky Way Minis.
- Chop each Twizzler into 12 pieces. (These are apt to stick together so I tried to separate each piece and keep them separate on a cutting board).
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate chips in medium bowl in microwave.
- Pour melted white chocolate on prepped cookie sheet and spread out evenly with spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle chopped toppings over melted white chocolate: Oreos, Milky Ways, then Twizzlers. Then give everything a nice smash into the chocolate. (There's no shame in licking your palms clean).
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes or until the middle of the chocolate is completely cool and set. Then break apart and serve.
Be prepared when you take a bite of this sugary sweet treat, for it will be as if a fall festival is happening in every crevice of your mouth. I don't remember all the elements of the perfect dessert, but I'm pretty sure one of them is caramel apple-flavored foods.
I'd have made another batch already if I hadn't gone and eaten all the "leftover" Milky Ways. Guess it's off to Target again... maybe I'll see you there.