Easter's less than a week away, are you ready? Recently, we showed you 18 different ways to eat & drink Peeps. Now there's 19. Here's how to make candied-bacon-stuffed, chocolate-covered Peeps. Yes, you heard that right. They'll leave you asking, "Eggs?" What eggs?
Candied-Bacon-Stuffed, Chocolate-Covered PEEPS
Serving: Depends how much you wanna eat | Time: 20 — 30 minutes
1. Place bacon over parchment paper and cover in brown sugar
2. Cook for however long your package of bacon tells you to or until crunchy. Time varies.
3. Once cooked, removed bacon from pan and let cool.*
* You're just going to have to bare with a little extra grease because paper towels will stick to the candied bacon. If you don't want the extra grease, cook bacon on a raised rack on top on baking sheet, OR don't make the recipe.
4. Boil a pot of water and reduce heat to medium
5. Place chocolate in heat-proof bowl and melt over heated water
6. Stir until completely melted and then let cool to room temperature
7. Chop bacon into about 1/4 inch pieces and set aside
8. Cut slit into Peeps' undercarriage without going all the way through
9. Stuff candied bacon inside
10. Dip stuffed Peeps into cooled chocolate
11. Refrigerate until hardened
AND BAM! Done. Here's the end result: