Going big at breakfast just went to a whole other level, especially if you're a fan of a Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese.
Behold: The Giant Taylor Ham Bagel Breakfast Sandwich.
This is everything you love about the classic Jersey breakfast sando, but stuffed into a humongous hybrid between a Kaiser Roll and an Everything Bagel. It's a sandwich that can easily feed 8-10 people, and brings together the best of New Jersey and New York with bacon, Taylor Ham, eggs, cheese, and hash browns.
Of course, there's ketchup, salt, and pepper, too. Gotta respect the classic condiments on this colossal creation.
Regardless of where you stand on the breakfast meat of choice, this hits all the notes when it comes to getting the day started on the right giant-sized foot.
To recreate this behemoth of a breakfast sandwich for yourself and/or the squad, peep the recipe below.
For The Bagel
- 2 tbsp instant yeast
- 8 cups bread flour
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tbsp barley malt syrup
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- Hot water for boiling
For The Sandwich Ingredients
- 10-12 eggs, beaten
- 1 package American cheese
- 1 package frozen hashbrown patties
- 1 12 ounce package of bacon
- 1 16 ounce package of Taylor Ham
- Ketchup, salt, and pepper to taste
- Combine your yeast, flour, salt, lukewarm water, and 2 tbsp of barley malt syrup. Knead for about 20 minutes then sit in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours.
- Shape the dough into a large ball then sit for another 30 minutes.
- Make a hole in the center of your dough ball, then boil in water that has the remaining 2 tbsp of barley malt syrup dissolved into it for 4-5 minutes.
- Get onto a sheet tray and bake for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Internal temp should hit 165.
- While your bagel bakes, scramble the eggs and cook them through. Also fry off slices of bacon and Taylor Ham, and bake off or deep fry your hash browns.
- Cut the bagel in half lengthwise, and begin constructing your sandwich. Start with a base layer of ketchup, salt, and pepper. Then add on the hashbrowns, then the eggs, then the cheese. Melt the cheese in the oven or with a blow torch, then add the bacon and Taylor Ham.
- Cut into pieces for the squad and serve up!