If you were thinking of hitting the eject button after seeing the Ramen Lobster Roll, hold on a second until you try the Ramenritto we spotted at a New York teahouse a few months back. Burritos, the pride of Mexican cuisine, and ramen, the pride of broke college students can now be enjoyed together in a carb-filled mouthgasm.
We teamed up with our friends at PopSugar to show you the steps in creating this epic burrito, so you can bust out a package of ramen and try this recipe for yourself. We stuffed this thing with ramen, guacamole, fried egg, spam and sririacha. Don't act like you don't want to try that.
In essence, the ramen is just replacing the rice from traditional burritos and we're just laying down the groundwork. If you feel the need to add bacon to your Ramenritto, it's your 'Murican right to do so:
For the ramen:
- 1 package ramen noodles, such as Top Ramen
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
For the ramenritto:
- 3 burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed (get big ones!)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded chicken
- Spam, diced
- Pico de gallo
- Corn, cut off the cob
- Fried egg
- Ranch dressing
- Refried beans
- Make the ramen: Boil 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan; once the water comes to a boil, break the ramen into 4 chunks and add the ramen noodles and half of the seasoning packet to the water; cook for two minutes. Drain.
- Add oil, garlic, and cilantro to a skillet set over high heat, and heat for about a minute, or until the garlic is sizzling. Add noodles and the other half of the seasoning packet. Cook for an additional minute until the noodles are warmed through.
- Assemble the ramenritto: Add 1/4 cup of noodles to a warmed tortilla, and fill it with your choice of toppings. Roll up the burrito. Repeat with remaining ingredients, and serve immediately.
Other dope recipes from Foodbeast x Popsugar: