Pop quiz, Hot Shot: You want to bake something, but you really don't feel like going to the store to get supplies. What do you do? If you're me, you take a look in your pantry and see Manwich (yes, tangy, tomato-y Sloppy Joe sauce) and you think, "Huh, I could make dessert with that." So tonight at my house, we had Manwich Blondies. The original recipe I started with calls for one can of Hershey's syrup, so the substitution was easy, and the results were a crave-worthy, sweet and savory "dessert."
- 1c sugar
- 8T (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1c flour
- 15oz Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1/2T cinnamon
- 1c white chocolate chips
- 1/2c toasted pecans, chopped
- 1c toasted coconut
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 and generously grease your brownie edge pan (a 9x13 pan is also acceptable).
- In large bowl, whisk together sugar, softened butter, and eggs.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, and Manwich.
- Fold in white chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 35-ish minutes.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes and cut into squares (about 24 blondies).