Trying to stuff all your favorite snacks in your purse/pocket before you hit up the movie theatre? What is this, amateur hour? For those Foodbeasts who want to avoid those extravagant prices at the concession stand but who still want to grub while watching the silver screen, this next-level recipe for a Movie Theatre Popcorn Cake will definitely satisfy.
Watch the tutorial below on how to make Popcorn Cake encrusted with everything from Milk Duds, M&M's, Cracker Jacks to Reese's Pieces and Raisinettes. The idea, originating from the mind of kitchen extraordinaire Nicole Iizuka, quite fondly resembles a giant Rice Krispies treat that substitutes cereal with popcorn and impregnates it with everything that sounded good from the candy aisle.
- 1 stick butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 bag movie theater popcorn, popped
- 1 cup M&M's
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1/2 cup Raisinets
- 1/2 cup Milk Duds
- 1 (1-ounce) box Cracker Jack
- 1 Butterfinger, chopped
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows
- Thoroughly grease a bundt cake pan with melted butter or cooking spray.
- Gently mix together the popcorn and candy in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add mini marshmallows and keep cooking until they are completely melted. Take the butter and marshmallow mixture off of the heat and let cool for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the marshmallow mixture to the popcorn and candy, and fold until the popcorn and candy are completely and evenly coated. Transfer to the buttered bundt pan, pressing it into all of the crevices.
- Let set for 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Should serve ten people, or two really hungry ones!
More Popsugar articles to check out: