With Spring in full swing, ice cream trucks are making their neighborhood rounds. Although, if you're not feeling up to the sprint down the street, here's a recipe for creamy Avocado Ice Pops.
These might sound weird but think about it. Known for their silky texture, ripe avocados are really just nature's version of ice cream, plus their pretty healthy(ish) for you too. It's a win-win! With the addition of lime, sweetened condensed milk and a touch a sugar, these bad boys make for a heavenly summer treat.
Avocado Ice Pops
- 1 Cup Chopped Ripe Avocado
- 1/3 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Pinch Salt
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 3 tbsp Extra-Fine Fruit Sugar or Granulated Sugar
1. Place avocado, condensed milk, lime juice and a scant pinch of salt in blender. Stir together water and sugar until sugar is dissolved; add to blender. Puree at medium-high speed.
2. Pour into molds, tapping them on work surface to remove any air pockets. Insert sticks and freeze until solid, for at least 4 hours. If you are using an ice pop kit, follow the manufacturer's instructions.