This is the perfect Independence -- or any other -- Day recipe for those of you who can’t decide whether you want to make an appetizer or dessert to take to that blazingly-hot cook out.
It’s a desstizer. It’s an appessert. It’s a chocolate-covered veggie tray! Significantly easier than the labor-intensive cake balls that you were considering, but also significantly less of a cop out than that bag of chips you had your eye on.
The variety of veggie is up to you and your local grocer. I snagged a pre-made tray (no shame in my game) because not only did it have veggies, it had cheese and bits of meat too. Deluxe!
Chocolate-Covered Veggie Tray
- Pre-made veggie tray, or an assortment of vegetables (e.g., carrots, broccoli, peppers, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes)
- Bits of cheese and meat (optional)
- Chocolate and white baking bark
- Ranch dressing (not optional!)
- Coat your assortment of veggies (and meats and cheese if you want to roll hard like that) with the chocolate of your choice.
- Let chill and display in a pretty way.
A few pointers: Don't use celery. I actually tossed the celery from my tray and added in sliced peppers instead. Cheese = white chocolate. Meat = chocolate. Veggies = why not do a mix?
And yes, I highly recommend dipping all of your chocolate-covered treats in Ranch dressing. Why? Because you can. God. Bless. America.