Thanksgiving is one of the most epic food holidays of the year, but there's always enough leftovers to fill up two fridges once you're done. Seriously, we're probably gonna be seeing turkey in our meals for the next week or so.
Might as well have some fun with it, and in true Foodbeast style, that means turning our Thanksgiving leftovers into breakfast burritos.
Kudos to Foodbeast friend Upbeat Eats on this one, as there's some mad creativity to make this transformation happen.
See, the core of any breakfast burrito is eggs, cheese, protein, potatoes, and salsa. Upbeat Eats hits all of those in this with Thanksgiving leftovers, using turkey and ham for meat, going cheesy with the scrambled eggs, and even making a cranberry sauce salsa to drizzle in with some gravy.
The genius move, though, might be transforming the stuffing and mashed potatoes into mini hush puppies. Talk about taking breakfast potatoes to another dimension.
If you want to make your own Thanksgiving Leftovers Breakfast Burrito, peep the recipe below.
- 4-6 ounces leftover turkey and/or ham
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup leftover stuffing
- 2 cups leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 cup leftover gravy
- 1 burrito-sized tortilla
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 4 eggs
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Oil for frying
- Combine the leftover mashed potatoes and stuffing in a bowl. Roll into small balls.
- Whisk together the milk, one egg, and all purpose flour. Coat each stuffing/mashed potato ball in the batter, and deep fry in oil at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.
- In a food processor, blend your leftover cranberry sauce, vinegar, and jalapeno, and set aside.
- Reheat leftover turkey/ham as needed, and scramble the remaining eggs and melt in your cheddar cheese.
- Warm your tortilla for 30 seconds to make it pliable. Fill in this order: eggs, leftover ham/turkey, hush puppies, cranberry sauce, and gravy.
- Roll up the burrito and toast on each side to ensure perfect crispiness. Enjoy!