With many of us managing a busy lifestyle, it’s important to make sure you fuel your body to avoid feeling depleted. For instance, we agree that a breakfast made up of vitamins, fiber, and protein helps you get through the morning and contributes to you feeling better throughout the day.
Unfortunately, many of us don’t feel as though we have time for breakfast or may not be a fan of traditional breakfast foods and for those reasons have fallen into the habit of skipping breakfast altogether.
If making a fancy breakfast that checks off all the “must-have” boxes feels like too much work, consider starting with a simple breakfast that uses yogurt as its base. Even better, keep things plant-based by using Silk non-dairy almond yogurt alternative!
Silk just unveiled a new line of dairy-free, vegan certified, soy-free almond yogurt alternatives to ease the morning hunger pangs and deliver a delicious pick-me- up.
One of our favorite ways to incorporate yogurt into breakfast is scrumptious Strawberry Breakfast Tarts made with Silk Almond Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative Strawberry Variety.
Here’s what you need:
3 cups large flake oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
3 tbsp agave
3 containers (5.3 oz each) Silk Almond Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, Strawberry
1 cup sliced strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In food processor, pulse together oats, cranberries, sunflower seeds, sugar, agave and cinnamon until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Add coconut oil; pulse until mixture is evenly coated and well combined.
4. Press mixture evenly into bottom and up side of prepared muffin cups. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and firm. Let cool completely in pan.
5. Remove tarts from pan; fill with Silk Almond Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative. Top with sliced strawberries.
Tip: Use Peach Silk Almond Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative and top with sliced fresh peaches or raspberries if desired.
Created in partnership with Silk