With all the holiday parties happening, it’s time to gather up your stalwart hors d’oeuvres recipes. Whether you’re making dinner, bringing desert, or just hanging out at the bar (especially hanging out at the bar) you should make sure there’s something good to nosh on before the main meal. These Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels combine your favorite meat with ranch dressing and melted cheddar. There is seriously no way to go wrong, unless you eat the entire tray before dinner.
Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels
(makes approximately 16)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- ¼ cup cooked real bacon pieces or 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- ½ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- Heat oven to 350°F. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 2 long rectangles. Press each into 12x4-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut lengthwise into 2 long rectangles. Press each into 12x4-inch rectangle.
- Spread dressing over each rectangle to edges. Sprinkle each with bacon, cheddar cheese and onions. Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 slices; place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.