Say hello to your new drunchies. This Drunken Noodles masterpiece was created by Jet Tila (Iron Chef veteran). The dish is packed with flavor and is just the thing you crave after kicking back a few brews on Saturday night.
Now, all you have to do is make sure to cook them ahead of time, so you don't have to find a way to do that once you're 6 shots in . . .
- 1 tablespoon mushroom soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6-8 Thai basil leaves, chiffonade
- 3 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 serrano chiles, sliced thin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 lbs. beef, pork, or chicken, thin sliced against the grain
- 1/2 medium white onion, sliced
- 3-4 cups fresh rice noodle, separated
- 1/4 cup chinese rice wine
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves loosely packed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1) Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
2) Heat oil to a medium high in a medium saute pan and saute garlic until light brown.
3) Add eggs in and lightly scramble until barely set.
4) Add meat and onions folding constantly until meat is half cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes
5) Add fresh rice noodles, sauce, tomatoes and basil; toss to combine for about 3-5 minutes. Make sure the noodles are cooked until the edges are slightly crisp.
6) Deglaze pan with rice wine, and then add basil and tomatoes. Serve hot.