Bored with the everyday breakfast burrito? There’s a cooler (and sexier) alternative: Kyle Marcoux’s Grilled & Stuffed Beef Poblano Peppers. This ingeniously impressive recipe consists of protein-packed lean beef and eggs, fried veggies, and spicy seasonings to put some pep in your step. And, all these goodies are conveniently contained within a plump fire-grilled Poblano pepper, making for one gorgeous and 100 percent edible package. Don’t be shy—get to the grillin’ so you can get to the stuffin’ (your face, that is)!
Grilled & Stuffed Beef Poblano Peppers
Total Recipe Time: 50 minutes
1 lb. Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
4 medium poblano peppers
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
4 oz low fat cream cheese
Salt and pepper
Hot Sauce (optional)
1. Roast the poblano peppers over an open flame until the skin becomes charred. Remove from flame and let them cool.
2. While the peppers cool, cook the Ground Beef, onions and mushrooms in a frying pan. Strain off any fat, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Lightly scrape off the charred skin from the poblano peppers with a spoon. Cut a small slit down the middle of one side of the pepper. Be careful and try not to cut through the pepper as you will be filling the pepper up!
4. Fill each pepper with equal portions of the cooked beef and veggie combo. Put 1 oz of cream cheese in each of the peppers and wrap them all in tin foil. Return to the grill for 10 minutes on low.
5. While the peppers are cooking, scramble your eggs. Remove the peppers open up the slit, and stuff your eggs inside. Top with a small pinch of pepper, or a dash of your favorite hot sauce to kick it up!
Recipes created in partnership with Beef. It's What's For Dinner. Funded by the Beef Checkoff.