Last week I took some "secret-ingredient" blondies to work and set my coworkers to the task of finding out what it was. Turns out, it was Manwich, but before they figured that out, they gave me a lot of really good ideas on what I could have used instead, one of them being salad dressing. I wanted to find a way to incorporate croutons (possibly the best part of a salad) into whatever recipe I decided upon and immediately thought of my go-to truffles.
Hello sweet and savory!
Caesar Salad Truffles
(makes about 16 truffles)
- 3.5 ounces Caesar Salad Croutons
- 2T creamy Caesar dressing
- 3T butter
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- Pulse croutons in food processor until fine crumbs.
- In medium bowl, melt together chocolate and butter in microwave.
- Stir dressing and then 3/4 cup crouton crumbs into melted chocolate.
- Chill in fridge for 20 minutes and then scoop into 2 teaspoon-sized balls, and roll in remaining pulverized croutons.
- Return to fridge for another 20 minutes and serve (If you like your truffles softer, forego the second chilling time).