Never before have we seen such a majestic recipe for mac and cheese in video form than the latest from the Simple Cooking Channel. Honestly, never. And that’s a hefty statement considering how many variations of the stuff our eyeballs have been exposed to over the years… but we and Jason of SCC are definitely not playing.
There are infinite reasons to back this claim, besides the obvious—PBR, bacon, and Mac are inarguably the best things in life. But really, seeing (and hearing) is believing.
Watch as Jason uses the glorious power of PBR to yield intensely delicious bacon. Listen, as he tenderly stirs the creamy, boozy pasta and gives us exactly what we crave with that sexy, satisfying sound (you know the sound); you can’t help but gasp in awe.
His reaction after ultimately trying the dish for himself is more than enough for use to want it, too; thus, his recipe is below. You need it. You deserve it. This guy is an auteur.
1 can of PBR
2 ¼ c macaroni
1 c chopped bacon
3 ½ c grated cheddar cheese
½ c) of butter
1 c milk
1 c cream
¼ c flour
1 c breadcrumbs
1) Cook macaroni.
2) Place chopped bacon in bowl. Pour PBR into bowl; let it set in for 20-30 minutes.
3) Strain the bacon. Save the beer for later use.
4) Cook bacon on high for 5-6 minutes. After it’s cooked, remove from heat and leave the fat. Add the fat to a large pot.
5) Also in the large pot, melt 125g (½ cup) of butter. Whisk in ¼ cup of flour with the butter.
6) Add the beer; next, add milk, then cream. Stir for 3 minutes.
7) Add 2 ½ cups of grated cheddar cheese and cooked bacon. Stir.
8) Add cooked macaroni and stir again.
9) Top with one cup each of cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake at 200C (400F) for 20 minutes. Let cool, then enjoy.