Transforming a simple rack of ribs into a glossy, shiny piece of meat candy may seem difficult. However, this iteration is simple, making the low and slow effort absolutely worth it.
Created by Foodbeast friend Ninjacue, these Blackberry Jalapeño ribs come with a custom sweet and spicy glaze. It's made efficiently by using ingredients like blackberry preserves, but the results, as you can see above, are mouthwatering.
We put the recipe down below so you can make these ribs yourself. All you need is the ribs, glaze, and fresh jalapeños for garnish.
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- Your favorite all purpose BBQ rub
- Water for spritzing
- 1 cup blackberry preserves
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Remove the membrane from your rack of ribs and season with the all purpose BBQ rub to taste.
- Smoke at 250 degrees F for 4 hours, spritzing a few times with water as needed.
- While the ribs are smoking, make your glaze. Combine the blackberry preserves, BBQ sauce, jalapeño juice, honey, and lemon juice in a medium-sized pot. Reduce until sticky and let cool.
- After 4 hours, brush the ribs with a few layers of the glaze. Top with fresh sliced jalapeños and smoke for another hour.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, then dig in!