One thing is for sure, Ellen DeGeneres sure knows how to host a show.
Midway through the 2014 Oscars ceremony, the charismatic host nonchalantly began soliciting interest from the star-studded audience about hunger and her future plans to order a pizza.
The unanimous level of interest from her fellow tinsel town friends in the first few rows led Ellen to place an order from Big Mama's & Papa's Pizzeria, a local Los Angeles-based pizza franchise not far from where the show was hosted.
According to ABC News, the starstruck delivery boy is an actual employee for the shop -- not an actor. The bit continued, with Ellen explaining to the delivery boy that actress "Kerry Washington is pregnant, she needs some."
Sure enough, here is Kerry Washington chowing down:
Big Mama's & Papa's staff told ABC News that "Ellen's talk show has picked up quite a few pizzas from us."
The shop is known for their giant pizza:
Additional play-by-play of who ate some, who didn't, and who pitched in to pay for some:
- 12 Years a Slave star Chiwetel Ejiofor was down for an entire box
- Brad Pitt helped pass out plates and napkins, but then tore into a slice himself
- Leonardo DiCaprio looked too damn nervous to enjoy a slice, he politely declined (he pitched in a few bucks though)
- Off-duty Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) was down for an entire box as well...but he's awesome, so he passed it down:
- Julia Roberts wanted cheese pizza
- Jared Leto was pretty excited...but he was a gentleman and gave the slice to his mom:
- Harrison Ford gave zero shits about being a cool guy and immediately stood up for a slice when offered
- Meryl Streep proves she's the sexiest lady at her age, and definitely hopped on a slice
- Jennifer Lawrence enjoyed a slice, because, obviously
- Dax Shepard apparently gnawing on a slice:
- And Corinne Fox is seen below chowing down with the likes of Channing Tatum:
Thanks @TheEllenShow haha we were actually starving!!! #pizza #oscars pic.twitter.com/yXxfmNseNk
— Corinne Foxx (@corinnefoxx) March 3, 2014
And finally, surely the pizza shop was happy with the exposure. Here's a shot from their Facebook page: