You know what's awesome? Greasy, bacon-wrapped anything. Even better than that? Bacon-wrapped, Nutella-stuffed dates mercilessly covered in cinnamon sugar. If you're looking for a not-so-light, indulgent snack, try this recipe on for size.
Nutella-Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Dates Sprinkled in Cinnamon Sugar
- 12 dates
- 1/4c Nutella
- 1/4c sugar
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 6 strips of bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pit dates: shove chopsticks through one end off the date to push the pit out of the other end, creating a hole all the way through.
- Fill piping bag with Nutella. Pipe Nutella into date, filling hole completely.
- Cut bacon in half cross-wise and wrap each Nutella-filled date with 1/2 strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in bowl and dredge each bacon-wrapped date in the cinnamon sugar until each is completely coated. Lay the dates on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 8 minutes on each side until bacon is fully cooked.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes so you don't scald your tongue on the blazing hot Nutella.
At first the Nutella was a little thick, but as it cooled the texture definitely improved. I'll be making all my bacon-wrapped dates this way from now on, and I suggest you do the same.