The nice thing about growing up with a children's book series is that when you finally are grown-up, you can make some of your childhood fantasies into realities, like marrying your best friend or practicing the dark arts, or most importantly, playing Quidditch Beer Pong.
There are a few different versions of the rules floating around, but the "official" version, courtesy of the much-inspired Louie's Loops, is played with Butterbeer (obviously), and ends the game with the highly explosive Expelliarmus shot (for you know, when gamesmanship and schoolyard diplomacy just ain't gonna cut it).
Let the games begin!
Quidditch Pong Rules
- Choose what team goes first with your sorting hat!
- If the quaffle (ping pong ball) goes through a hoop and makes it in a cup, it counts as two (much like if the ball were to bounce).
- If the quaffle goes through a hoop, the enemy team is allowed to use their bludgers (hands) to knock it out of the way.
- When there is one cup left, the snitch must be used. Trust me, this makes things a lot more difficult. I made my snitch by just wrapping a ball in yellow duct tape and attaching a few wings made out of paper, but you could easily use a yellow ping pong ball with glued on wings.
- Finish off the night with the Expelliarmus shot and enjoy.
Repeat until you have magical powers. Obliviate, indeed.[Quidditch Pong Rules and Photos adapted from Louie's Loops]