How to Make Butterscotch Cheetos Cookies
Did you ever get to “cook” in pre-school? I did, and it was awesome. I really felt like I was a master chef when I shook that jar of cream until it turned to butter and coated those crispy chow mein noodles with chocolate. I was feeling nostalgic for those days this weekend, so I thought I’d whip up a batch of chocolate chow mein treats, also known as Haystack Cookies. Turns out, I didn’t have any chow mein noodles in my pantry, but what did I have instead? Cheetos. Perfect substitute, I thought. Thus, Butterscotch Cheetos Haystack Cookies were born.
Butterscotch Cheetos Haystack Cookies
(makes 17-20 cookies)
- 4oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4oz butterscotch chips
- 2c Cheetos, roughly chopped (in half or thirds)
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in medium glass bowl.
- Stir chopped Cheetos into melted chocolate until fully coated.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of Cheetos-chocolate-butterscotch glory onto your wax papered cookie sheet.
- Chill in fridge until set.
A perfect blend of chocolate, butterscotch, and cheesy crunch, these cookies will take you back to the days of taking afternoon naps, sitting cross-legged for story time, and playing with that homemade play dough that you totally never tasted…
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK