Make This No-Bake Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Pie
Looking for a quick, easy recipe for October? Well, this pie will satisfy even the strongest sweet tooth without even looking at the oven.
Think a pre-made Oreo cookie pie crust filled with delicious whipped cream, peanut butter, and Reese’s Pieces. Top it off with a decadent ganache, and it’s basically like you’re eating a giant, chilled peanut butter cup… covered in Oreo.
Of course, if you’re feeling motivated, you could make the crust from scratch… But then you’d have to turn on the oven, and who wants to do that? This pie has pretty much the best of everything… it’s a little salty, a little sweet, a little creamy and a little crunchy, and a whole lot of delicious.
No-Bake Reese’s Pieces Pie
Makes 1 9-inch pie
- 1 9-inch Oreo pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup chopped Reese’s Pieces
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipped topping (Cool Whip works)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup peanut butter (I always use Jif Creamy)
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 oz bittersweet (I used leftover semisweet mini chips) chocolate, chopped
How to Make It
1. Toss chopped Reese’s Pieces, mini chocolate chips, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar. Start slow, and once incorporated mix at medium speed until cream cheese is smooth. Beat in peanut butter, milk, and ¼ cup of the “crunch.”
3. Stir in ¼ of the whipped cream to lighten the mixture. Once incorporated, stir in the rest of the “crunch” mixture (I left some aside to sprinkle on top). Then gently fold in the remaining whipped cream, being sure to scrape the bottom.
4. Pour peanut butter mixture into the crust and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover with plastic wrap once the mousse firms.
5. To finish, heat heavy cream in the microwave until almost boiling (about 2 – 3 minutes). Add the chopped chocolate (I used leftover mini chocolate chips) and stir vigorously with a fork until it’s smooth and shiny. Pour the “ganache” over the pie and smooth (or tilt the pie) to cover the top. Sprinkle with reserved crunch (if you saved some) and place the pie back in the refrigerator to set for at least 20 minutes.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK