Christmas is tomorrow! You are soooo ready, but soooo worn out. The last thing you have time to think about or expend energy on is what you're going to have for breakfast in the morning, right? Well, here's my early Christmas gift to you: Nutella & Eggnog Muffins. They need only a few ingredients and take less than 30 minutes from start to stomach. It’s a Christmas muffin miracle!
Nutella & Eggnog Muffins
- 2c self-rising flour
- 2c eggnog (boozy or not, it’s your choice)
- 1/2t nutmeg
- 1/4t cinnamon
- 1/3c Nutella
- 1/2c powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4c eggnog
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Mix together self-rising flour, eggnog, nutmeg, and cinnamon until just combined and divide batter evenly into muffin tin.
- Drop 1/2T of Nutella atop each muffin and swirl it all up with a toothpick.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes and let cool in tin for 5 minutes.
- For the glaze, stir together the eggnog and powdered sugar and drizzle a spoonful over each muffin.
With one of these simple, sweet and completely satisfying muffins in one hand and a mug of hot chocolate in the other, you'll be on your way to having a very Merry Christmas.