Valentine’s Day is days away, and you are soooo ready to whisper sweet nothings into your true love’s ear. If you're looking to tell your honey bunny things like “Ur kind,” “Be Mine,” and “Txt me” say it with conversation hearts, I guess. If you want to tell your darling that you will love him/her forever, no matter how much his/her hips expand or how high his/her total cholesterol gets, say it with chocolate-drizzled, deep-fried, bacon-wrapped conversation hearts. Now, that’s love.
Chocolate-Drizzled, Deep-Fried, Bacon-Wrapped Conversation Hearts
1. Ready and preheat your counter-top deep fryer to 375 degrees.
2. Combine milk, vinegar, oil, flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
3. Slice your bacon length-wise, removing the fat and cutting 6 strips of bacon from each piece.
4. Wrap a thin strip of bacon around one conversation heart, best you can. Like so...
5. Drop the bacon-covered hearts into the batter and get them all nice and covered. Just like this...
6. Fry (6 to 8 at a time) until light golden brown. (Mine went for about 3 minutes; gotta make sure that bacon is cooked too.
7. Remove from fryer onto paper towel to soak up that little bit of oil on the outside, then transfer to a bowl and top with chocolate syrup, because, why not?
You can eat them as is, as shown in the picture above, OR you could use them as an ice cream topping because they are obviously not bad enough for you on their own.
Let’s not lie, conversation hearts on their own. . . pretty lame, but wrapped in bacon, deep-fried, and covered in chocolate? Be still my strenuously beating and highly clogged heart! Happy Valentine’s Day!