Opportunities » Foodbeast
FOODBEAST is currently looking for driven, creative and passionate individuals to join its editorial and business development teams. Our group is passionate about food, and even more passionate about delivering quality content to a growing audience.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume, with position title in the Subject Header to: opportunities [at] foodbeast.com
Associate Food Editor (Santa Ana, CA)
The ideal candidate will be part sassy wordsmith, part content creating machine and part Foodbeast. S/he will also work out of our office in downtown Santa Ana, CA, because it’s badass out here. S/he will begin on a full-time, contract term of 3-months at the end of which point an extension review will take place.
- Sourcing and producing entertaining food and drink stories for Foodbeast.com and FoodbeastTV
- Keep regular editorial calendar up to speed and foresee trends and viral content
- Collaborate, communicate and manage team of contributing writers to meet editorial deadlines
- Meet and exceed monthly traffic goals
- Must be part wordsmith, part content creating machine, part Foodbeast
- A bachelors degree in English, journalism or a related field
- Must be comfortable with Photoshop or similar photo editing software
- Must have 2+ years of relevant experience creating content for a large online audience
- Must have an eye for buzzworthy, shareable content for the Internet
- Familiarity and proficiency with content curation websites like Reddit, Digg, BuzzFeed, StumbleUpon, etc.
- Extensive rolodex of media contacts and strong social media presence a plus
- Must be able to have the foresight to predict and interpret trends for Foodbeast
- Strong experience with web best-practices, WordPress, HTML, and SEO is required
- Able to exercise discretion and keep strictest levels of confidentiality
Independent Sales Rep (Santa Ana, CA / Remote)
- Use existing accounts to develop and oversee new ad campaigns
- Use own network of contacts to drum up new business
- 2+ years of sales experience with a digital publication
- Photoshop design experience a plus
Contributing Writer (Remote)
Contributing Writer will be spending most of their time researching story leads, field reporting and furthering the internal editorial calendar. The ideal candidate will have a unique writing style and passion for food, ready to have their content read by tens of thousands of people every day. The position is unpaid:
- A strong interest in food and food blogging is a must.
- Should be comfortable with Photoshop or similar photo editing tool.
- Must be familiar with WordPress or similar blogging platform.
- Must be fluent in Social Media technologies (eg. Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Reddit)
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced start-up environment for one of the web’s quickest growing food news properties.Must maintain exceptional writing and editing skills
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK