Our favorite sandwich has officially joined forces with our favorite beer, and it is completely, utterly breathtaking. For real, if your jaw doesn’t drop after watching this video, you might need to consult your orthodontist. Feast your eyes, ears, fingies, and all other body parts on this glorious Pabst Blue Reuben, courtesy of our guy Nick Chipman aka Dude Foods.
Imagine a classic Reuben sandwich: piping hot corned beef covered in Swiss cheese, crunchy sauerkraut, and creamy dressing between buttery toasted slices of rye bread. Then imagine all that good-good battered in PBR beer batter and deep fried. Repeat: battered in PBR BEER BATTER and DEEP FRIED.
The end product? Bliss. Just pure bliss. Never again will you have a dark day, with this beautiful recipe in existence. Check out your formula for eternal happiness below.
@foodbeast emailed me a few weeks back asking if I had any crazy food ideas I could make using @pabstblueribbon beer. I was sitting around drinking at the time and replied "What if I took an entire Reuben sandwich, dipped it in Pabst beer batter and deep fried it? It could be called the Pabst Blue Reuben!" Well, they dug the idea and apparently so did Pabst so I got the go ahead to make it and here it is - The Pabst Blue Reuben! #Foodbeast #DudeFoods
Pabst Blue Reuben
3 qt vegetable oil
1 can plus 3 cups Pabst Blue Ribbon beer
3 c flour½ lb corned beef
4 slices Swiss cheese¼ c sauerkraut, drained
2 slices rye bread
1 tbsp butter
Thousand Island or Russian dressing
1) Pour vegetable oil into a deep fryer or a deep pot and heat to 375 degrees.
2) Combine flour and 3 cups of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer in a bowl to create beer batter.
3) Preheat a skillet or griddle on medium heat.
4) Place corned beef in skillet, top with Swiss cheese and cover until cheese is melted.
5) Butter bread and place face down on skillet until browned.
6) Top bottom slice of bread with corned beef, cheese and sauerkraut. Spread dressing on remaining slice of bread and place on top of sandwich.
7) Dip sandwich in beer batter, covering it completely and use a spatula to transfer it to your deep fryer or pot.
8) Deep fry for three minutes or until sandwich is golden brown.
9) Slice sandwich in half, dip in dressing, and crack open a Pabst to drink along with it.